Beer Vegetable Soup, How To Make It: Everything about a big bowl of homemade soup, especially one made with two of my favorite ingredients: beer and cheese, is simply heavenly. A separate award should be given to this beer cheese soup.
It’s true that this recipe isn’t going to win any diet competitions, but man, is it good! However, beer and cheese soup is the ultimate comfort food, making it the ideal meal for watching the big game or simply because Serve with warm soft pretzels as well as(more) beer for a quick and hearty meal that the whole family will appreciate.
Beer Vegetable Soup, How To Make It
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup grated carrots, finely chop
- 1 celery stalk, finely chop 1/2 cup celery
- finely chopped shallots (about 1/2 cup)
- a half cup of flour
- 1 quart of homemade chicken broth
- 1 gallon of milk
- 4 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese (optional).
- 6 oz. of beer, preferably an ale (approximately 3/4 cup)
- season with salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop the shallots, celery, and carrots and set them aside for later.
- Melt the butter in saucepan on a over medium heat, then add the shallots, carrot, onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the flour to the butter and vegetables and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Afterwards, add the stock and milk to the pan along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes also stirring occasionally.
- Toss in the shredded cheddar and beer, then cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the soup comes to a boil. As soup continues to cook, it will continue to thicken.
- Once the soup is finished cooking, spoon it into bowls and serve it immediately with warm soft pretzels.