Chatpati Bhel | Instant Street Dish By DeetsForYou: Bhel is a popular beverage street dish. Bhel is a spicy, tangy, and tongue-tingling dish. There are two kinds of bhel – dry bhel and wet bhel. This is my recipe for wet bhel, which includes spicy and tangy chutneys. You just do not add any chutneys to dry bhel.
It is also served with papdis or crisp fried pooris. This is how I eat them at home, but you may also eat them with a spoon. Bhel is just a crispy, soft, sweet, tangy, and spicy concoction of several delicacies.
Follow this quick and simple recipe to create delicious bhelpuri chaat at home in a matter of minutes. Bhelpuri must be served as soon as they are prepared. Even after a few minutes, serving will render the entire bhel puri mixture soggy, and you will not appreciate it!
Chatpati Bhel | Instant Street Dish By DeetsForYou
Serving 2 Members
- Puffed rice (murmure) – 3 cups
- Sev (Haldiram’s bhujia) – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato -1
- Green chilli -1
- Lemon -1
- Red chilli powder -1/2 tsp
- Salt -as per taste
- Rice Bran / Olive Oil -1 tsp
- First, take puffed rice in a mixing bowl
- Then add sev or bhujia to it
- Now add chopped onion, tomato and green chilli to it
- Then add red chilli powder, salt and oil to it mix it well
- Then add finely chopped coriander
- Finally, add lemon juice to it and mix it well.
NOTE: If the puffed rice isn’t crispy, dry roast it in a kadhai beforehand before using it. The bhel must be served and consumed immediately. Otherwise, the puffed rice will soften and lose its crisp, crispy texture and flavour. If the puffed rice becomes squishy, the bhel is no longer enjoyable.