Eggplant Lasagna Calories Low Carbohydrate Or Gluten Free Diet: Check out this recipe to learn how to create lasagna without using noodles! This comfort food recipe for keto eggplant lasagna is easy to make, only requires a few simple ingredients, and the preparation time is only twenty minutes.
Eggplant Lasagna Calories Low Carbohydrate Or Gluten Free Diet
for 12 people
2 medium eggplants
1 teaspoon sea salt, plus additional salt to taste
to taste olive oil
5 minced garlic cloves
12 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cans crushed san marzano tomatoes, 28 oz (795 g)
6 fresh basil leaves, thinly cut, plus extra for garnish
1 big egg
1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese (425 g)
2 cups (200 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese (110 g)
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Bake at 190°C (375°F) for 15 minutes.
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise about 1/8-inch (3-mm) thick, then remove the ends.
- To remove moisture, salt both sides of the eggplant slices and set aside for 10 minutes. To eliminate excess water, use paper towels to pat dry.
- Heat a griddle pan with a small amount of olive oil. 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear on the eggplant slices Place on a cooling rack.
- Garlic and red pepper flakes should be heated in olive oil in a medium saucepan on a low heat. During this time, the garlic should become fragrant but not burnt. Make sure to mix thoroughly to include the smashed tomatoes as well as 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Cook for 10 minutes, lowering the heat if the sauce bubbles excessively. Make sure everything is mixed together before serving. Remove from the heat and allow it cool before storing in an airtight container.
- Beat the egg in a medium basin, then add the ricotta, 112 cups (150 g) of mozzarella, 34 cup (80 g) of Parmesan, as well as the Italian seasoning to the mixture. To get the best results, mix thoroughly.
- The lasagna should now be put together in its final form. Add enough sauce to the bottom of a 9×13-inch (23×33-cm) baking dish and spread it out evenly. The bottom of the dish should be thoroughly covered with eggplant slices. Slight overlap between the eggplant slices is quite OK.
- Put some of the ricotta mixture on top and spread it out so that it is thin and uniform in thickness. Make a second layer of sauce and repeat the process. Toss the rest of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the cheese has melted completely.
- Make sure that the cheese on top has browned and bubbling by placing it in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, remove the lasagna from of the oven and allow it to cool down for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with fresh basil as a garnish.