Food Meditation | Your Diet Affects The Quality Of Your Meditation: A daily tune-up is required for our bodies. It’s all about the instrument. A light and healthy physique is also required for optimal meditation. Bad eating habits, ignorance of what is good for our bodies, lack of relaxation and sleep, as well as years of abuse of the body and mind can lead to disease.
Food Meditation | Your Diet Affects The Quality Of Your Meditation
Our Mental Attitude Is Influenced By Our Diet
Ayurveda, the ancient science of life, divides the human body into three types: vata, pitta, and kapha. We also have mental constitutions called tamas, rajas, and sattva. These doshas and gunas define our personality, temperament, physique, and diet.
The sattvic quality of the mind helps us satisfy our daily needs and activities with the correct amount of rajas and tamas. Ayurveda says there’s a link between diet, behaviour, health, and mental constitution. We can choose how we respond to situations by balancing our mind’s sattva, rajas, and tamas.
Instant Tips For Deepening Your Meditation
- Vegetarianism is an excellent way to improve your health. It’s good for you, and it also makes meditation simpler.
- Increase your consumption of raw fruits and vegetables: Consume a diet rich in fiber-rich foods.
- Consume at least two litres of water each day to stay hydrated. Avoid carbonated beverages in favour of fruit juices.
- Meditation is more difficult on an overstuffed stomach, so moderation is key.
- Eat a sattvic diet: A higher sattva diet aids meditation depth.
Sattvic, Tamasic, And Rajasic People’ Characteristics
- Attributes associated with sattvic qualities are calmness; zeal; pureness; inventiveness; and clear perception. They eat only what is appropriate for their body type, such as freshly cooked green vegetables, cereals, fruits, and juices. This allows them to be fit, light, and energised all day long.
- Tamas is a sense of weight and lethargy. Tamasic people are prone to laziness, sleep deprivation, and irritability, and can spend all day snoozing, being lethargic, and not working. When it comes to eating, though, they are extremely active and may consume a wide variety of meats and heavy foods.
- Action-oriented thinking and restlessness characterise the state of Rajas. People that are Rajasic tend to be egotistical and ambitious, but they are also prone to exhaustion and like hot and spicy meals and sweets.
Types Of People And Their Physical Characteristics
It’s Vata Dominated:
- Creative and impulsive at the same time
- The ability to learn quickly, but the tendency to forget quickly.
- Full of thoughts and ideas
- Intensely fast-footed and lean.
- Having cold hands and feet is a pain in the cold.
- The atmosphere is energetic and energising.
- Mood swings and erratic daily schedules
- high intensity bursts that are both brief and intense
- Anxiety-prone when there is a lack of equilibrium.
- minimal or non-existent sweat on the skin and hair
It’s Pitta Dominated:
- Strong and well-built with a smart mind, he has a medium build.
- Powerful focus
- Good public speaker who is well-organized, focused, aggressive, and confident.
- You should be an exceptional manager, leader, and entrepreneur.
- Angerous, impatient, and demanding, especially when pitta is out of equilibrium; dictatorial; demanding and pushy
- Passionate, competitive, and romantic.
- Hunger pangs are a constant companion when you have an overactive digestive system and a strong appetite.
- Easily irritated and enraged.
- Typical physical ailments include rashes or inflammations of the skin, acne, boils, skin cancer, ulcers, heartburn, acidic stomach, and sleeplessness, dry or burning eyes.
- Loving and forgiving having a non-judgmental and forgiving nature, they are dependable, trustworthy, and easygoing.
- With a solid, substantial, and energetic constitution, one who is physically strong.
- A thoughtful, reflective speaker who speaks slowly and deliberately.
- It takes time to learn, but once you do, you remember it the best.
- Hair and skin that are as soft as possible, large, “soft” eyes, and a low, croaky voice all contribute to the overall impression of gentleness. Weight gain and a slow digestive system are common side effects.
- A person who is prone to depression, but who is also independent, kind, and generally undemanding in their outlook on life.
- The ability to maintain excellent health and a strong defence against disease
- Even in the midst of a crisis, he maintains his composure.
- To keep the peace and harmony in their environment.
- Stability for those around it.
- Doesn’t like it when it’s chilly and rainy.
- Predisposition to respiratory issues such as asthma and allergies as well as atherosclerosis (the hardening of the arteries) (hardening of the arteries)