Hot Cocoa Cups, Let’s Make This Cookie Recipe With Fun: Christmas wouldn’t be the same without Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups. Cute candy cane-handled sugar cookie cups stuffed with fudge, small marshmallows, and sprinkles.
Christmas wouldn’t be the same without hot chocolate cookie cups. They’re adorable, fun, and delicious all rolled into one. Recently, I got an inspiration from Noreen’s adorable Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies over at Party Pinching.
I combined them with my Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies to create these adorable, tasty, and suitably Christmassy treats. They’re simple to whip up, and youngsters can help out greatly.
Hot Cocoa Cups, Let’s Make This Cookie Recipe With Fun
Sufficient for twenty-four portions
TRADITIONAL COOKIE DOUGH
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (115 g) at room temperature
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar (150 g)
- 1/4 cup of sugar (50 g)
- One big egg, at room temperature
- 6 ounces (180 grams) of melted semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-and-a-quarter cups of all-purpose flour (155 g)
- A quarter of a cup of cocoa powder (30 g)
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- a quarter of a teaspoon of kosher salt
FOR DECORATING USE
- 6 ounces (180 grams) of semisweet chocolate chips, split
- 1/3 cup of warm heavy cream (80 mL)
- (1 cup) miniature marshmallows (50 g)
- Twelve little candy canes, plus a few extra in case any break
- Dietary Guidelines
- Calories: 223
- Fat 11g
- Sugars, 31g
- To wit: 1 gram of fiber
- Glucose 20g
- Weight, 2 grams
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
Cream butter and sugars with a hand mixer in a large bowl.
Add the egg and melted chocolate chips, then beat.
- Flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt are sifted. Just mix.
- 1 spoonful of cookie dough per tiny muffin cup.
- Spread the dough equally on the bottoms and sides of the cups, being careful not to overflow.
- 8 minutes until cookies are slightly puffy. Let cool. If the cores puff up, reshape with a wooden spoon.
- The decorations: Add 4 ounces (100 grams) chocolate chips to a measuring cup or bowl. Pour over warm heavy cream and let sit 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Pour ganache into cooled cookie cups to fill.
- Top each cookie cup with small marshmallows and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour until ganache is stiff.
- In a liquid measuring cup or heatproof bowl, melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave. Let stand at room temperature until thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Mini candy canes can be sliced into handles with scissors.
- Gently lift cookie cups from muffin tray so one side sticks up. Stick candy cane handles on cookie cups by dipping them in melted chocolate. Wait 1 hour before serving.