Lauki ka halwa | Dudhi Halwa Recipe By DeetsForYou: Lauki ka halwa is also known as Dhudhi ka halwa. It is an Indian dessert very easy to make at home. The Lauki ka Halwa recipe may be prepared in several ways and essentially depends on place or area.
However, there are two basic variations of this recipe: making it with milk or condensed milk/milkmaid. It should be noted that if you use thick condensed milk, no additional sugar is required because condensed milk already includes sugar. However, with this recipe, I used milk and ghee to make it the traditional manner.
Furthermore, I believe that the grated bottle gourd slices are adequately boiled with milk, resulting in a more creamy and rich lauki ka halwa. This is because milk takes longer to thicken, allowing bottle gourd slices to cook correctly.
Just need few ingredients and is good in taste. Especially for kids who don’t like eating bottle gourd, it’s a wonderful recipe for them.
Lauki ka halwa | Dudhi Halwa Recipe By DeetsForYou
- Lauki or bottle gourd – 2 cups peeled and shredded
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Milk-2 1/2 cups
- Cardamom powder- 1/2 tsp
- Chopped pistachios and almonds
- Wash, peel and shred the lauki and squeeze out the water from it.
- Boil the milk on medium heat in a deep pan making sure milk does not burn.
- Reduce the flame and boil for 10 minutes, until it becomes about 1.5 cups, set aside.
- Melt the ghee in a frying pan and add shredded lauki saute it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add milk, mix well on low flame and cook until the mixture becomes thick.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, and chopped dry fruits, mix well and stir continuously for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take it out in a serving dish, garnish with almonds and serve it hot.