Paneer Paan Modak | Easy Recipe By DeetsForYou: Today, the great time of Bappa’s coming is Ganesh Chaturthi. And I made the fastest (and most delicious) Modak of my life! With only these ingredients, Paneer Pan Modak, I prepared 8 large modaks from scratch in only 10 minutes. Modak is Lord Ganesha’s favorite food.
It is offered to him as prasad or naivedya on the Ganesh Chaturthi festival.
Sounds so different than Paneer Pann Modak or Malai Modak, right? Yes, in the ‘modak world’ it is rare (though not unknown) yet highly efficient for the hectic day when we do not have much time to prepare extravagant festival desserts.
Paneer Paan Modak | Easy Recipe By DeetsForYou
- Rice flour: 1 ½ cups
- Salt: 1 pinch
- Oil: 1 tsp for greasing
- Water: 1 ¼ cups
- 4-5 betel leaves(paan)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 tsp mint balls
- 2 tsp gulkand
- 2 tbsp tutti frutti
- 200 gm grated paneer
- 100 gm sugar
How To Proceed
- Heat 1 ¼ cups of water with salt and 1tsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and add the rice flour in a steady flow stir it continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
- Cover the pan with a deep lid and pour some water into it.
- Cook it on low heat for 3 mins.
- Remove the lid sprinkle some cold water on the rice flour and cover it.
- Transfer the mixture to a large plate. grease the palm of your hands with oil and knead the dough till completely smooth (the dough should not stick to the palms ).
- Rest the dough covered with a damp cloth.
- For stuffing, combine all the ingredients with finely chopped betel leaves and grated paneer. keep it aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and shape them into balls. Grease the palms of your hands and spread each ball to form a 3 inches bowl, press the edges of the bowl to reduce thickness. Now place the portion of the stuffing in the center, pleat the edges of the dough and gather them together to form a bundle. pinch to seal the edges from the top.
- Heat sufficient water in a steamer, place the modak on a perforated plate in the steamer, and steam for 10 to 12 mins.
- After steaming garnish them with cherries and serve hot modak with pure ghee.