Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning & focused effort
Most of us don’t remember the early age of our life 0-2 years. But if you will observe a newborn baby for the next 2-3 years, you will realize the fact that his/her productivity is growing exponentially day by day. What is the main reason behind this?
Think about it & read the blog, you will definitely find the reasons.
- Keep your goals in sight at all times – paste your vision or goal on your work desk
- Eliminate or minimize distractions – off notifications while working (i.e. web notification, social networking popup)
- To increase your productivity, try to do as much of your work offline as possible. I do this a lot with my writing and have found it very beneficial
- You should know how to manage your time. We have a good article on time management let’s go through it once
- Leave the office for lunch if you can. Depends on your organizational culture, otherwise, there might be an adverse impact 🙂
- Plan each day the night before. While going to sleep thinking about “what will you do tomorrow” for few minutes
- Reduce your multi-tasking as context switching is a heavy task even for machines having a processor in Gigahertz
- Try to impose deadlines on yourself and stick to them as much as you can
- Avoid heavy lunches as it will turn out sports car to bicycle
- Keep your workspace clean and clear. As an old saying goes “A cluttered desk is a symptom of a cluttered mind.” On top of it, time spent looking at misplaced things will be less
- “Do what you love” is the ideal world scenario As one of my friends is in love with mountaineering but he has to code java programs daily in the office. Hence in real life “try to love what you do“
- In the real world, most of the problems faced by us in any organization are solvable. So face the toughest one in the morning. It will give you the motivation for rest of the day.
- Always remember the kaizen principle
- Most of the time, starting is the toughest phase to solve any problem. So don’t wait let’s go for it, soon you will get into the rhythm & the solution will be in your hands
- Understand yourself well as human beings are the unique creation of God. Everyone has his/her own strengths & weaknesses. So let’s figure out the time in which you will be most productive. Like I really love to study in the early morning since childhood, on the contrary one of my friend does not even see sunrise once on normal days
- Take proper sleep at least for 6 hours a day & do daily exercise. Being physically fit helps you stay mentally sharp.
- Always remember the 80-20 rule (Pareto’s law states that 80% of the outputs result from 20% of the inputs) so make a habit to figure out that 20% work & first invest in it
- Identify a good mentor as per your vision & goal of life
- Hold standing meetings as much as you can
I hope you have found the answer to the question asked in the first few lines of this blog – why the productivity of a baby is growing exponentially day by day (due to dedicated mentor ‘Mother’, 0 distractions, focus) and on the contrary, our is decreasing day by day 🙂
Now you have the mantra to increase productivity. Let’s implement it in your daily life.
As mentioned above “starting any new thing is the toughest step” so don’t wait!