Scrum Team | Collection of Individuals & Work Together: Group of people who have expertise in different zones but they are committed to a goal and every member is dedicated & ready to do whatever is required for that goal.
A Scrum Team is a group of folks (typically between five and nine members) who work together to deliver the product increments that the customer requires. The Scrum approach supports interaction among team members. Also, allowing the team to achieve the same goal while complying with the same norms and rules and showing mutual respect.
Scrum Team | Collection of Individuals & Work Together
Let’s think of an actual use case: A development team of any web-based organization has three significant groups of front-end engineers, back-end engineers & quality engineers. However, Every group is responsible for their zone only. From your point of view, is this a team or multiple groups working together?
Relate the same with the Indian Cricket team if we need 14 runs in the last six balls & already lost eight wickets. Who will be batting in the final over? Yes! You are right. One of our expert bowlers will come to bat and try his best to make 14 runs in 6 balls.
What Is The Difference?
In the first use case quality engineer is not trying to develop things, but in the second one, a bowler is trying to bat whenever required.
Yes! You got the point.
The team is nothing but a group of people who have expertise in different zones, but they are committed to a goal, and every member is dedicated & ready to do whatever is required for that goal.
If a team is working with the help of the scrum framework, then we can call it a Scrum team. Three roles define in a team – Product owner, Scrum master, development team.
- Are self-organize rather than direct by others
- Have to cross-functional competencies to achieve the target without depending on others
- Are you focusing on one goal
- Have a shield from external interferences in the name of Scrum Master
- We are working on the concept of a single-window (Only product owner can assign new work item)
- Are you capable of working in a given timeframe
- Have the courage to commit something and achieve it with excellent collaboration & team bonding
- It is designed by scrum framework to optimize creativity & productivity
- Works iteratively & produce increments after every sprint, which maximize opportunities of getting early feedback
Now we have an obvious idea about a team and why it’s suitable for a group to transform itself into a scrum team.
We will discuss the detailed roles & responsibilities of all three roles of the scrum team in the next few blogs.