Vermicelli Upma | Semiya Upma Recipe: In many South Indian houses, the Upma recipe is fairly frequent and is mainly made for breakfast.
The recettes are usually made from semolina but nowadays the ingredients like vermicelli, oats, broken wheat and millet have readily includes. A common recipe is a bambino or mtr vermicelli upma.
Upma is an Indian favourite. Can manufacture with Rava, oats or vermicelli. We enjoy this simple semi-upma which produce in the immediate pot or on the stove.
The preparation is the same, whether you call it Vermicelli Upma or Semiya pulao or biryani. To your option, you can add less or more vegetables. In northern India this platter is known as Namkeen Seviyan, meaning Savory or Salted Vermicelli.
Vermicelli Upma | Semiya Upma Recipe
- 2 cups vermicelli
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp urad dal
- Chopped onion one
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 green chilli
- salt as per taste
- coriander for garnishing
How to proceed
- First, take a non-stick pan put ghee in it
- Then add vermicelli and roast it till it turns golden brown
- Then in a pan add ghee in it and add mustard seeds let it crackle
- Now add curry leaves and urad dal to it
- Roast them now add chopped onion saute them.
- Now add chopped tomato and green chilli.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt
- Now add roasted vermicelli to it
- Mix everything well
- Now add little water to it and keep a lid over the pan
- Let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves
- Serve hot